Our favorite benefit to working with a third-party provider, like Pritchard, for recycling services is simple; you don’t have to think about all of the intricacies, sourcing talent for that leg of business, or manage the compliance and organizational procedures. We love doing these things, you don’t have to.
**Pritchard facilitates direct-to-facility recycling, including materials compacting, dumpster and bin operation and management. You deserve the freedom to focus on your business. We’ve made this business our own.
What Can be Recycled?
When it comes to managed recycling services, Pritchard provides you with precise sorting. We manage these materials and we may be able to manage others, on a case-by-case basis.
Plastic Type Overview
- PET & PETE (Class 1 Plastics) – PET and PETE plastics are most commonly used in creating soda, water, and other beverage bottles, as well as lightweight plastic containers that store foods, such as peanut butter jars, vegetable oil containers, and more. Both PET and PETE plastics can be recycled.
- HDPE (Class 2 Plastic) – High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) is another common plastic, generally used for bottling detergents, shampoo, and cleaning products. This is also used to produce a notable percentage of plastic milk jugs. HDPE can be recycled.
- PVC (Class 3 Plastic) – This class of plastic is often used in producing plastic furniture, plastic tubing and piping, and plastic trays, like seen in many company cafeterias. PVC CANNOT be recycled.
- LDPE (Class 4 Plastic) – Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE) is commonly used to make bags that hold newspapers, store bread loaves, and other consumer-grade applications. LDPE can sometimes be recycled.
- PP (Class 5 Plastic) – Polypropylene (PP) is usually used for dairy food containers, such as sour cream and yogurt. It can also be formed into plastic rope, carpet, and straws. PP can sometimes be recycled.
- PS (Class 6 Plastic) – Polystyrene (PS) commonly used in styrofoam products, like basic office-style coffee cups, packing peanuts, and takeout food boxes. PS can sometimes be recycled.
- Other Plastics (Class 7 Plastics) – Products stamped with a seven often contain multiple types of plastic, though it can also indicate that the plastic used is not one of the first six classes. Class 7 Plastics can sometimes be recycled.
Paper – Magazines, Newspapers, Books, Office paper, and countless other formats of paper can be recycled. Thermal paper, like that used in commercial receipts, however, cannot. Thermal paper commonly contains BPA, which is a harmful chemical if ingested.
Metal – Aluminum cans and bottles as well as those made from steel are commonly recyclable. Other industrial metals, such as copper wiring, aluminum-coated conductor wiring, and even logistics-related metals, such as semi-truck rims may be recyclable.
Glass – Most glass bottles, jugs, and jars can be recycled.
Commercial Byproducts – Pritchard may evaluate surplus materials on a case-by-case basis. Feel free to reach out to a recycling specialist for more information.
Easy, Clean Recycling Services for Your Business
Recycling isn’t just about the environment, though it is largely. Pritchard believes in efficiency—one of many reasons we’ve kept more than 96% of our clients after more than a century of business.
We support the following business types in maximizing their resource efficiency, though we may be available for service contracts with others on an individual basis.
- Commercial Real Estate Companies that manage
- Class A Office Buildings
- Corporate Parks
- Work Centers
- Educational Facilities (K-12 & Higher Education),
- Medical Office Buildings,
- Government Buildings and
- Data Centers
Additional Benefits Working with Pritchard Industries:
- Industry-leading training and preparation programs
- Pritchard is proud to be LEED Green certified as well as a Green Seal company, ensuring consistent environmental awareness and care
- Pritchard techs receive consistent training updates and refresher briefings
- More than a century in operation ensures a refined and effective approach to planning and implementation
- An industry-leading customer retention rate over 96% shows our attention to detail
- eDocumented QA process ensures that Pritchard employees miss no minutiae
“Pritchard Industries has been our janitorial partner for the past 7 years and we could not be more pleased. We aren’t just a cookie cutter venue and our needs constantly change.
We see everyone at Pritchard as partners because they take pride in our venue. On several occasions we’ve asked for their advice when planning new events and sporting competitions. We put a top priority on cleanliness and it’s obvious Pritchard has the same standards.”
– City of Hoover, Government Office
“Pritchard Industries has provided us with outstanding service for more than a year. The company has been attentive and resourceful in fulfilling all of our needs. The customer service is backed by dependable, and responsive account executives.”
– Plaza – Atlanta, GA