Professional Campus Cleaning: The Incredible Benefits
In the academic world, it’s not just your course curriculum and incredible staff members that impact your student’s chances of success. The cleanliness of the college campus also plays more of a role than you might think.
Investing in campus cleaning services doesn’t just help colleges and universities improve their image in the eyes of prospective students and families. It’s also how you ensure you’re maintaining an environment that’s conducive to good health, productivity, and reduced absenteeism.
Around 88% of students say unclean spaces are distracting and disruptive. Additionally, one study found that 84% of students believe a spotless college campus improves their focus, while 78% say it benefits their health by reducing the spread of germs.
Here’s why keeping your campus clean is so important to the success of your educational institution and how you can overcome the challenges involved in maintaining your environment.
The Benefits of Campus Cleanliness
Creating and maintaining a clean campus environment requires a multi-faceted approach. There’s more to it than investing in disinfection for high-touch surfaces and common areas or regularly removing and recycling waste.
A comprehensive approach to campus cleaning requires a regular, well-established cleaning routine, efficient facilities management, and even the use of waste reduction strategies. Although implementing the right strategy can be time-consuming, it also has incredible benefits.
As mentioned above, countless studies have demonstrated a positive correlation between a clean environment and enhanced cognitive abilities. Some studies even suggest students believe they would earn better qualifications if their campus buildings and residence halls were cleaner and better organized.
The benefits of campus cleanliness also go beyond enhanced academic performance. Investing in the right cleaning and custodial service can:
- Improve student and staff health: Cleaning and disinfection services can reduce the spread of germs and bacteria, particularly in high-touch areas like a campus restroom. This reduces the risk of illness and preserves both staff and student health.
- Lower absenteeism: Not only does cleanliness help to reduce the risk of physical illnesses and diseases, but it can reduce stress levels and improve morale. This lowers the risk of high levels of staff and student absenteeism.
- Improved experiences: When campus services are delivered in a clean environment, this increases engagement and helps to strengthen campus culture. Clean communal spaces help to promote positive social interactions and enhance the overall college experience.
- Improved institutional image: Investing in regular cleaning and maintenance services reflects a commitment to student and staff welfare. This improves stakeholder relations, helps institutions to attract potential students, and gives your campus a competitive edge.
- Operational efficiency and cost savings: Investing in the right cleaning practices can even help reduce costs. With the right cleaning supplies and maintenance strategies, you can reduce wear and tear in your facilities and even promote sustainable practices.
Maintenance Challenges on Campus Cleanliness
While it’s impossible to overestimate the importance of a clean campus in the educational landscape, maintaining the ideal environment isn’t always easy. Facilities managers and leaders in an academic institute often struggle to keep on top of demanding cleaning schedules.
Many campuses have insufficient custodial staff to address an ever-growing number of cleaning and janitorial needs. This often means that tasks end up getting missed or overlooked, which can harm the overall cleanliness of the learning environment.
Additionally, some school leaders struggle to design comprehensive cleaning and maintenance programs that adhere to their specialized needs, without the help of a professional cleaning team.
The best way to ensure you have the right strategy in place to create a fantastic environment for your staff and students is to consider outsourcing your cleaning needs to a professional team, with years of experience navigating the complexities of campus cleaning.
The Pritchard Advantage
If you’re struggling to implement and maintain the right campus cleaning strategy for your educational facility, Pritchard Industries is here to help. For decades, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most reliable cleaning providers for educational institutions, among other industries.
We provide cleaning and disinfection services tailored to the unique requirements of elementary, high school, college, and university campuses. Plus, we work with each client to ensure our cleaning measures match your internal standards.
Our trained staff know how to transform campuses into healthy, hygienic environments, conducive to excellent focus, productivity, and performance. We even offer a range of different services, from janitorial services to window and carpet cleaning, power washing, and disinfection.
Plus, we can offer emergency response options to various locations, to help you address urgent issues, like germ or illness outbreaks. We can even use green cleaning supplies and solutions to help reduce your facility’s impact on the environment.
Contact us today to learn more about our tailored approach to campus cleaning.
Mastering Campus Cleaning with Pritchard
Your campus isn’t just an environment where students congregate and take classes, it’s a landscape where enlightenment can flourish and thrive. Investing in the right campus cleaning strategies and services is crucial to protecting your students, employees, and your school’s reputation.
If you need help optimizing your cleaning strategy to ensure the well-being of your academic community, Pritchard Industries is here to help. Reach out to Pritchard today and discover how our bespoke services can help you prioritize cleanliness as the cornerstone of a thriving educational environment.